CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lack of sex in something short of a city

The dating scene here is lackluster. The problem being in such a small town is that the dating pool tends to run low. There aren't many guys here that are dateable, and believe me I have waisted a lot of time trying to make the undateable, dateable. That just made me miserable. So I have been hibernating and licking my wounds for a while, which in retrospect was a bad idea. But I can't dwell on whats in the past I must learn from it and let it go so I can move forward.
I have a friend who wants to set me up with someone, but I am really weary about blind dates (I think they suck). Who needs the anxiety?? She wants to set me up with someone who is way above my age comfort zone. She says thats the ticket to happiness...I say thats the ticket to feeling like I'm hanging out with my Dad.
Don't get me wrong, I have had my fair share of fun here lately *aahem...flirting and even licking a guy*. It always makes me feel better about myself to be out and about and flirty! But I am not and will never be the *one night stand* kind of gal, too many labels come with that. I really can't enjoy myself unless I am emotionally attached. Thats just how I'm wired! So here I am stuck in rut. I guess I'm old fashion or I have read too many romance novels, something, but I am still waiting to be "swept off my feet". I have had a lifetimes worth of disappointment in this area of my life and I am ready for a change, but wait, I hate change! Oh crap! Damn I am screwed!

5 comments:

Henry said...

it's never too late to be swept off your feet!

Mistress Meeyee said...

At least you are thinking about men again. You were in a real rut for a while when you didn't want to go out or do anything and you didn't even talk about men. You are on the right track. Blind dates suck but you should go on one just to have some experience. Live a little.

amberleahorsefly said...

I don't have a problem with the blind date itself...just the fact that she wants me to date a guy in his late 40's early 50's...not for me Im 31!!!

ChasMoore said...

okay...so i do know that once you get your head cleared of all that jacked up shit in the past, you will alright. all it takes is getting up and out and making a move.

i am cool with the whole blind date thing because you know how i am...if i am uncomfortable or not atrracted to the other person, i would def. let them know without considerations of their feelings. lol!!
-BUT-
i don't think i would be going on some "blind date" with someone old enough to be my dad or uncle. that's morbid!!
=)

you are a very attractive lady and have a great personality...my advice is this...and make it out to WHATEVER tyou want...
"HOLD FAST - LIVE STEADY"

Henry said...

blog about my giveaway please!