CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Hot Date Night


After promising each other for like a month that we would soon go out for a girls night out, Mary (one of the in-girls of my inner circle of BFFs) and I finally did the deed. NO!! Get your head out of the gutter! We finally got our chance to go out for a swanky dinner at this new restaurant here in town by the name Rust. And I have to say I was impressed with the atmosphere of this place. I never thought anyone could have beat the feel of the last cool spot in town (The Delta Eye) which was located in the same spot. Sitting there reminded me of our Wednesday night sushi days. Back then the place was a pallet of funky colors and folk art, very hip. Now after renovation the space is transformed into a chic, cozy date place....very romantic atmosphere! I had a blast pretending to be on a date! Mary kept promising to put
out, but that was just the booze talking! BAH!!! After we had a drink Mary was so excited about out "adult" time that she double knuckle bumped me....fun stuff!
You see, Mary and I have a history when it comes to girl's night out...back in the day (when she was still single) we use to cause havoc when we were out on the "prowl" together. The last time being very memorable! we both wound up shit-faced and I remember sitting in a guys lap explaining my contraceptives to him...while she was beating guys up in her "I'm drunk and I think guys like playing rough" mode....I think people thanked her sister for showing up to take her home. She can be a hand full! I just wound up having a friend drive me and my car home, I think that was the sickest I ever felt! Good times for real!
I miss those old days when I actually had single friends...now everyone is all married and stuff, not as cool as it use to be! On another note I think I am going to smear Vaseline on the lenses of my camera to get the effect like in the pic above, it gives me a flawless look that I can get use to!

1 comments:

Henry said...

this was like a review and trip down memory lane, all in one! i miss those days, too! we were hell cats!